Knowing how to properly pack your breakables is essential when you are moving or planning to store your items in a storage unit at Safegard Mini Storage in Lake Oswego. Not taking the time to pack your breakable items correctly can only end in disaster and loss of your items. Check out the tips below to help guide you in the packing process.
- Choose the right box. You will want to use boxes that are sturdy enough to hold your fragile items and large enough to fit the item and the adequate amount of packing materials. If necessary you might want to consider adding extra packing material or double-boxing your breakables during transit.
- Fill the items that could collapse inwards. Items such as glasses, bowls, and vases should be filled with tissue paper, extra socks, or newspaper to put equal pressure on all the surfaces of your fragile items.
- Completely wrap all of your breakable valuables in bubble wrap to protect it during its move or stay in a storage unit at Safegard Mini Storage in Lake Oswego. Make sure the bubble wrap covers all surfaces of your item and it is secured with tape. Make sure you aren’t using the tape excessively or else you will have a hard time getting to your item when you need it.
- Make sure your box is completely filled. Put two to three inches of packing peanuts on the bottom of the box. Once you have a layer of packing material you can begin to place your bubble wrapped items in your box. Fill any of the empty spaces in between your items and the box with packing peanuts. Make sure your items are secure enough so they don’t have any wiggle room within the box. Securely tape the box and label it for ease and organization.
- When placing your packed box of breakables in a storage unit you will want to try and elevate it off the floor and place it on a flat and sturdy surface. This will make sure no damage can occur while you are away.